Cut and Paste Printables
A fun activity for beginning readers.
Cut and paste printables offer kids an opportunity to learn the basics in a fun way. Bring out
the safety scissors and glue and let your early readers have fun with words and letter sounds.
Each worksheet focuses on one letter. There is a worksheet for all letters, with the exception of X (why can't there be more words beginning with X?). Each worksheet includes six words all beginning with the same letter. Simply cut out the pictures at the bottom of the page, read the words and paste the pictures in the correct box.
To print, simply click on the printable of your choice. This will open the file in PDF format. Please keep all copyright information intact.
A few tips:
- Continue to read with your child. Even though they are learning to be independent readers, your time reading to them continues to foster a love of reading.
- When reading easy books to your child, place your index finger under each word as you read.
- Encourage (never push) your child to read. Street signs, cereal boxes, shopping lists... there are many opportunities on a daily basis.
- Move up to the next reading level only after your child has fully mastered the current one.
- Once your child fully understands the letters and sounds, introduce the Dolch sight words. There's a link just below.
There are more scissor and glue activities in nearly every section of
the site. These activities not only teach, but also help with small
motor skills. Look around... everything is free and printable for
activities you can do now.
Check out the other freebies in the reading and writing section...
There's lots more printable fun for kids...
from cut and paste printables to reading/writing main page
back to home page